Skip to Navigation
Skip to Main Content
State Agency Directory
PROJECT ON RACISM CONTEST
Herbert Henderson Office of Minority Affairs announces open registration for exhibitors and attendees at upcoming Minority Business Expo
CHARLESTON, WV –
The Herbert Henderson Office of Minority Affairs (HHOMA) will host its second Minority Business Expo of the year on Tuesday, Oct. 22, in Charleston. The event will be held in the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center and registration is now open to exhibitors, vendors, and attendees.
The expo creates opportunities for minorities, veterans, and women business owners to network with business and government leaders.
“The expo encourages business development in West Virginia and the inclusion of historically under-represented communities,” Executive Director of HHOMA Jill Upson said. “Women, veterans, and minorities must be involved in the creation of businesses, licensure process, and participation in the economic development of our great state.”
Attendees and exhibitors must register online by Oct. 1. Attendance is free. Exhibit booth space is $100, which is waived for local, state, and federal government agencies and nonprofits.
The expo operates from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m., Oct. 22, at the Charleston Coliseum and Convention Center: 200 Civic Center Drive, Charleston, WV 25301.
• The deadline to register online is Oct. 1. No registration will be available at the event for vendors and exhibitors.
• Nonprofits and local, state, and federal government agencies may exhibit at no charge.
• Exhibit space costs $100 for a 10x10-foot area with a 25-foot maximum height. One 6-foot long table and two chairs are included with no extra charge. Only check and money order payments are accepted.
• Please contact the HHOMA office at 304-356-2023 if your display exceeds the 10x10-foot area.
• Exhibits can promote services, display products, and announce job openings, among other messages.
• Outlet use is limited. You may contact the venue at 304-345-1500 for more information.
• Exhibitors must provide their own table covers.
• Pop up banners are welcomed. No items may be affixed to facility structures, including walls, windows, or drapes.
• Exhibit setup is from 9 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Displays must remain in place during the expo, which runs from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Exhibits must be removed from the venue by 6 p.m.
Michelle Petties — Michelle.D.Petties@wv.gov,304-356-2023